Dental implants are a restorative procedure that provides your jawbone with the vital support it needs. If you are considering this treatment, our dentists in Bellevue, WA, Drs. Man Sunwoo and Alan Ho, are here to help and advise you!
More About Dental Implants in Bellevue
It's vital to deal with tooth loss as soon as possible, as a vacant tooth may lead to jawbone deterioration. The dental implant procedure is simple and to the point procedure that prevents detrimental effects to the jaw.
Here's what the treatment consists of:
First, your dentist administers an anesthetic to the area that will undergo the procedure. Then, a titanium post will be painlessly inserted into the numbed jawbone. This post acts as a replacement for the missing tooth root and is biocompatible, so there is no worry of tissue rejection. The doctor then surgically closes the area, thus allowing it to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months, during which the process of osseointegration takes its full course. At this time, you will need to visit your doctor on a regular basis to ensure that the procedure has gone accordingly. After the 3-6 month healing period, your dentist finishes the treatment by re-opening the area, inserting an abutment, and placing a crown on top of it.
Dental Implant Advantages
- The jawbone doesn't shrink as dental implants provide the needed support.
- Implants fill a single gap in your teeth, a few gaps, or replace all of your teeth.
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly and have a high success rate, reaching 95 percent, compared to other dental restorations.
- They don't slip out of place which makes them comfortable and practical.
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew food.
If you have questions, or concerns, Drs. Man Sunwoo and Alan Ho can help you out. Call our Bellevue, WA, office, at (425) 378-1600 to make an appoint today!