Do you want to straighten your teeth discreetly and in less time than traditional braces take? If so, then contact Dr. Man Sunwoo in Bellevue, WA, about Invisalign!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses transparent clear aligners in lieu of traditional metal brackets and wires. Perfect for older teenagers and young adults, the system works similarly to traditional braces, in that it applies pressure on teeth to push them into their proper position to straighten teeth.
Invisalign is also a great option for teeth that relapsed after traditional orthodontic treatment in the past.
What more should you know about Invisalign?
Dr. Sunwoo, located in Bellevue, WA, has been certified to offer Invisalign treatment to patients since 2006. If you'd like to know more about Invisalign and how the clear aligners are made, you can check out this article.
Treatment with Invisalign generally lasts for around one year, and uses a sequence of clear removable aligners to straighten teeth. Clear aligners are made using 3-D computer imaging program called CAD. Each sequence consists of a tray that ought to be worn for about two weeks at a time. As time goes by, your teeth will straighten little by little.
What does the process consist of?
Invisalign treatment takes an average of 9 – 15 months and you go through about 18 to 30 trays, although this varies from case to case.
- You visit Dr. Sunwoo to assess whether or not you're a proper candidate for Invisalign
- Your dentist uses CAD to create custom aligners for you
- You visit your dentist every 6 weeks to ensure that your Invisalign treatment is progressing properly
How do you care for your clear braces and oral care?
- Remove the aligners when you need to brush your teeth, floss, eat, or drink.
- Rinse clear aligners with lukewarm water to ensure there are no food particles.
- Use fluoride-containing products to prevent tooth decay.
Are you interested in Invisalign?
If you would like more information about Invisalign, call Bellevue Dental Excellence at (425) 378-1600 in Bellevue, WA, to learn more!